Oracle HRMS: Create Employees in Oracle HRMS from Excel
Oracle EBS- How to create Employees in Oracle HRMS from an Excel File
Oracle has a powerful Excel based tool- Web ADI- Web Application Desktop
Integrator which can be used with some simple set up to upload data
into Oracle HRMS and create Employees. Oralce also offers some intergration
tools and Application Programming Intefaces - APIs. There are many Oracle
HRMS APIs in R12. With using Oracle HR APIs and Web ADI features, you
can make it easy for users to do a mass/bulk uploading of Empoyee records.
This can come handy at the time of acquisions or mergers. You can also
use this for a new implementation of Oracle HRMS. With a little training,
you can enable your HR staff to upload new employees on the ongoing
Here is a guide for an Oracle Functional Consulatant to get this done.
- Assign yourself 'Web ADI' responsibility. This responsibility uses
Desktop Integrator Menu.
- Open up Desktop Integrator Menu and make sure it has following sub-menus.
If there not, add them. No need to assign Prompts:
HRMS ADI Create Document Menu
HR ADI Seeded Integrator Form Functions
- Now Launch Create Document from Web ADI in Oracle EBS R12
- Select 'HR Integrator Setup' Integrator and Click on Next
- On Select Viewer, Select the correct Excel version. MAKE SURE Reporting
checkbox is unchecked. Click on Next
- For Content, Select None. Click on Next
- Review the details on Document Creation Review page and click on
- An HRMS Intergrator Template will open up in Excel.
(If you run into issues and if the Template does not open in Excel,
go to Excel Options and make sure Macros are enabled, Visual Basic
projects are trusted.)
Enter following details:
Metadata Type: CREATE
Application Short Name: PER
Intergrator User Name: Thanks to Jayesh Patel (Kidding, use any name
you like or following naming convensions of your organization)
View Name: Keep it blank
Form Name: GENERAL
API Package Name: HR_EMPLOYEE_API
API Procedure Name: Create_Employee
Interface User Name: APPS
Interface Parameter List Name- Any name (Later you customize it if
API Type: Procedue
After this information is entered, click on Add-Ins on the Excel top
menu. Select Oracle and Click on Upload. Select All rows and upload.
(Easy said but you may run into some issues. I am sure you can fix
it yourself. Or email me)
- Now use System Administrator responsibility. Go to Application >
Enter information as above. Under Properties tab, select Type as Subfunction.
Note down the User Function Name you have selected.
- Open up the Desktop Intergrator Menu again and add the fuction you
created in above step:
- Repeat Step 3. Click on Create Document under Web ADI reponsibility.
This time select "HR Maintain Integrator Form Function Associations"
- Same thing. The Integrator set up will open in Excel
For Intergrator Application Name, select PER
Integrator User Name: Should be populated. If not, enter your Integrator
Form Function Name- The name from step 9
Click on the Oracle and select Upload to Upload into Oracle.
- Now Launch Define Layout rom Web ADI in Oracle EBS R12 (Try this
yourself. It is simple.)
- All of your set up is done.
Now Launch Create Document from Web ADI in Oracle EBS R12. In the
list of Integrators, you should see the one you have created. Select
it. Then select the Layout from step 13.
Follow the process and a blank template will open up in your Excel.
Copy and Paste data from your other Excel file that has Employee list.
Massge that list to make sure columns are in same order as per Template
so you can Copy and Paste.
Verify and if looks fine, click on the Upload in Oracle add-Ins on
If needed more help, email me.